Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Teachers and Parents

Who are parents?? What are their responsibilities to their children??
What I can see from the pupils of my school, some parents are very caring to their children. They send them to school and pick them up after their lessons. Some even bring lunch for their children juz to make sure they are filled with nutritious food compared to the food sold in the canteen.

But not all parents are like that!! Some not even care about their children. First it’s because they are too busy with their work and some hv financial problems. I feel sorry to the unfortunate children when it comes to the time to collect their school fees.

These unfortunate children sometimes get humiliation from other fortunate children. It’s bcz they don’t wear new uniform, they don’t eat during recess and they don’t own nice things like the rich. Humiliation sometimes causes the unwanted matters happen.

Some pupils may start avoiding attending classes in school; some even try to commit suicide!!
Oh!! What does this mean?? I’ve heard a pupil who was humiliated by someone in school tried to jump down from the upper level of the building. This is not a joke!! It really happened before!!

Children in this century are not the same like the previous centuries. They carry heavier bags to school, they learn more subjects in school and they have more activities and competitions for them to compete. So, they are really having stressful lives as they are put in high hopes by the parents and the school teachers.

There was once when I was going up the staircase of my school. I was annoyed by a child who was pulling his trolley bag up the staircase. Can’t the child carries the bag for awhile? Of course I know they can pull the bags but not when going up the stairs!! So I went near him and tried to help him. To my surprise!!!!!! I couldn’t even lift up the bag!!! I‘d to put more energy in order to carry the bag for him.

Since that day onwards, I always tell my children what books to bring during my everyday lessons. Not to say I didn’t plan my lessons but usually I din tell my kids what particular books to bring from the amount of books they have.

So teachers out there, we as the educators, love the children more and educate them. We are the second parents to them ….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home